Skip to main content

Where is the love?

                                                   


What’s wrong with the world mama?
Life is no longer the same
It is like a game where only the victor enjoys
Whilst the poor are filled with shame
Languishing in misery

When I grew up people used to love
Oh! How I long for the good old days
When the old lady next door used to care
When the community used to share
When love used to be love..
When one man’s problem was also my problem 

Why do we hate?
Ask the youth, the doctors, the teachers, the politicians
They will say: “poverty is the reason why”
Has poverty robbed us of love?
Does poverty cause discrimination?

What’s wrong with the world papa?
Where is the love?
Why do we hate?
When the bible teaches us to love

Where is the love when we the youth need it the most?
What has happened to the value of humanity?
What has happened to the fairness of equality?
What has happened to the spirit of fraternity?

I wonder why people have chosen to show their immoral animosity
At a when the world needs love the most

Corruption, prostitution, brutality, immorality, death…..sorrow
This is our daily bread
It is high time we sought God’s divine intervention



By :
Njabulo Moyo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moments with Njabulo Moyo

I love her

When it cold outside You make me warm inside I pray that you don`t take long to decide To take me as i am  For in you my heart resides Love me...  I will be your disciple Care for me...  I will be the shepherd of your soul Like Paul i will religiously die for you kiss me...  i will be your soul provider Hold my hand ... I will hold on to our love Walk with me ... We will create history