Skip to main content

ANOTHER LEADERSHIP TESTIMONY

NYDT Projects Officer Mr Njabulo Moyo has been selected to represent Bulawayo in “Tracing Welfare in Denmark” project that will be held in Denmark in August this year. It is an initiative of MS Denmark under its Millennium Development Goals project that strives to identify youths who are actively involved in community development programmes. The aim of the project is to make the Danish people know more about conditions in third world countries. Mr Moyo and another young lady Rachel from Harare were among youths who took part in MS funded projects and were identified as potential participants in this year’s edition of the event. The participants were required to submit curriculum vitaes, photographs and essays about themselves and activities that they are partaking in, with the objective of improving the livelihoods of the members of their society.
MS Mozambique’s Information Officer Henrick and photographer Tine arrived in Bulawayo on the 15th of April and visited the NYDT offices to meet Mr Moyo and find out more about him and the community work he does through NYDT programmes. The information will be published in a magazine aimed at raising awareness on current issues in countries all over the world. The representatives will benefit by way of interacting with other youths and through cultural exchange.
National Youth Development Trust (NYDT) is a membership based youth organisation whose main commitment is to empower young people in Zimbabwe with skills to participate in local and national governance policy making processes. The organisation creates a platform for youths to express themselves and engage community leaders on different policy and community based project issues. This is done as a way to empower them to be in charge of their destiny and that of the country.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Money :Is it the greatest source of motivation?

Some call it cash money, imali, muler  ,some say its the love of it is the root of all evil whilst others say it makes the world go around.The most interesting thing about money is that some of us cannot leve without it and neither can they live with it for to them its a case of "more money more problems" .Over the years,scholars have argued that: "the greatest source of motivation is money.Well we all need money as a means of exchange and to facilitate trade transactions and a store of value .However ,to a greater extent money has failed to motivate many people for  the greatest motivator is a strong, clear and passionate vision. This surpasses the desire for money or any gain whatsoever!Money cannot buy you a vision but a clear vision can get you money.

Hour glass

"Again, again!" a voice echoed in my head "on 3 ok, 1-2-3" at that cue I felt electricity run through my body and I wished I could scream. The voice went on but slowly fading away, the beeps and the noises their shoes made too. Eventually it was totally silent and nothing made a sound. Scared to open my eyes because I had no memory of what had happened last I heard voices. The more I heard the voices the more I got scared, then that beeping sound again, now a little irritating then the voices got louder and louder. Curiously I slowly opened my eyes with a soft groan to the light in my eyes. Looking around I could tell I was in a theatre, four nurses and a doctor stood around a bed and the doctor's voice dominated the room with him giving orders. As the nurses rushed around I moved closer to get a good look at what was happening, though it seemed impossible for anyone to have missed me no one seemed to notice me. As I got closer to the bed fear gripped me and