Skip to main content

Festivaling

Let the drummers drum the drums
Let them tell the untold African tales 
Let them unite our umbilical cords with the soil

 
Let the fathers of ubuntu arise 

No demise 

Listen to the praise poets
Feel the rhythm 
Dance to the rhyme  
Celebrate blackenes
From Blackness to greatness

Cultural collision,
Cultural correctness
Correcting the past 
Connecting with the future 

We feast 
Here we won`t fast 
It`s a festival 
Food for the soul 
Sensual healing 

There is romance
Love and laughter

Popular posts from this blog

Money :Is it the greatest source of motivation?

Some call it cash money, imali, muler  ,some say its the love of it is the root of all evil whilst others say it makes the world go around.The most interesting thing about money is that some of us cannot leve without it and neither can they live with it for to them its a case of "more money more problems" .Over the years,scholars have argued that: "the greatest source of motivation is money.Well we all need money as a means of exchange and to facilitate trade transactions and a store of value .However ,to a greater extent money has failed to motivate many people for  the greatest motivator is a strong, clear and passionate vision. This surpasses the desire for money or any gain whatsoever!Money cannot buy you a vision but a clear vision can get you money.

Hour glass

"Again, again!" a voice echoed in my head "on 3 ok, 1-2-3" at that cue I felt electricity run through my body and I wished I could scream. The voice went on but slowly fading away, the beeps and the noises their shoes made too. Eventually it was totally silent and nothing made a sound. Scared to open my eyes because I had no memory of what had happened last I heard voices. The more I heard the voices the more I got scared, then that beeping sound again, now a little irritating then the voices got louder and louder. Curiously I slowly opened my eyes with a soft groan to the light in my eyes. Looking around I could tell I was in a theatre, four nurses and a doctor stood around a bed and the doctor's voice dominated the room with him giving orders. As the nurses rushed around I moved closer to get a good look at what was happening, though it seemed impossible for anyone to have missed me no one seemed to notice me. As I got closer to the bed fear gripped me and

10 habits for greatness

Do you know those people who always seem to be happy? Even faced with challenges or adversity, there are certain people who seem to maintain their joyful state and love for life, no matter what. It turns out that joyful people tend to have a few habits that help them to get the most out of life and keep them looking on the bright side… So if you want to infuse more happiness into your life right now, keep these 10 habits in mind :) Habit #1:  Appreciate life ~ Develop an attitude of gratitude and count your blessings! When you start looking for things to be thankful for, you'll discover more reasons to be grateful. Habit #2:  Keep learning ~ Invest time and energy into continually learning and developing new skills. Keep your brain stimulated with exciting information and hobbies. Habit #3:  Do what you love ~ This may seem obvious, but a majority of people dislike their job! Choose a career that you enjoy and make time in your schedule for your hobbies and to pursue